Everybody needs a vehicle – for shopping, for working, for commuting, for family vacation, for hauling or just for the fun of having one. Yes – the world is in need of motor driven vehicles. Gone are the days when people and cargoes were transported by animals – this is now very primitive. Vans are as important as cars. Used cube vans have become popular. These are manufactured by big vehicle companies. The demand for used cube vans is high because of the inherent utility of this kind of cargo vehicle.
A cube van is also called a box truck or a cube truck. In some areas, these are called cube van or box van. The cube van is called such because of its cube-shaped cargo area. There is a head or cab occupied by limited passengers (including the driver). Attached to it is the cubed body designed specifically for cargo container.
On the average, a cube van measure 4 to 7 meters in length. There may be smaller or longer sizes but they are rare. Typical of a cube van is a rear door that looks like a garage door. This door can roll-up. There are some makes of cube vans where the cargo area can be accessed from the cab (or head) through a built-in small door.
Common uses of cube vans
- They are used by big companies to haul appliances and furniture.
- They are used as rented moving trucks.
- They are road vehicles.
Used cube vans can be classified as to
- Make – The make tells the manufacturer or the vehicle company. Among the notable makers of the cube vans are GMC, Ford, Chevrolet, International, Isuzu and Mitsubishi.
- Model – Each make has corresponding models. For the GMC, models of the cube vans are C 7500, G 3500 and Savana. For Ford, the models are E 350 and Superduty. For the Chevrolet, the model is Express, International’s model is S 2375, Isuzu’s model is NPR and Mitsubishi’s model is FH 210.
- Engine make – The common engines are Vortec, Gm Vortec, GMC, Ford, Isuzu, Cummins and Caterpillar.
- Year – This tells the year when the cube van was made. Used cube vans available in various used vehicle dealers range from 1986 to 2007.
- Horsepower – The capacity to haul and run is based on the horsepower which ranges from 170 hp to 325 hp.
Choice of used cube vans is dependent on several factors. First are the features of the cube van. Different models have different features. The year is very crucial. The later the year of make, the higher is the price. Mileage is another factor to consider. Usually the older year models have high mileage and therefore are cheaper. The type of transmission also matters. The types of transmission are manual and automatic, where the automatic transmission is more expensive. And most of all – the price of the used cube van is a big determinant in the choice.
There are different vans that can be used for hauling. However, the most practical choice is the used cube vans. To date, there are many vehicle dealers that offer this type of cargo vehicle. Searching on-line is a good method of finding the best used cube van.